Tucked away in the Belizean rainforest lies an enchanting and sophisticated hideaway. Surrounded by lush gardens and hidden by a diverse canopy, the Ka’ana Resort & Spa awaits. This luxurious and intimate boutique resort is a true tropical paradise and it comes as no surprise that Ka’ana means “Heavenly Place” in the ancient Mayan language.
The moment you step foot on this property you know you have arrived somewhere special. The quietness of the jungle, the manner in which the buildings blend in with the surrounding natural environment, and the discreet pathways veiled by verdant greenery create an elusive form of serenity. While you are busy immersing yourself in the aesthetics, the staff at Ka’ana will have you swept off your feet with their exceptional and truly Belizean-style hospitality.
The convenient location serves as both an outpost for adventure travellers seeking to explore the rich Mayan culture and nearby historic ruins, as well as an idyllic sanctuary for those who prefer some rest and relaxation.
- Ka’ana has managed to create an authentic, sustainable Belizean experience with the perfect mix of style and culture with modern amenities. Much of the building material, art, décor and textiles are all sourced locally within 30 miles of the resort.
- The intimate and warm nature of the resort makes Ka’ana feel like a home away from home. Even during peak season, guests often feel as though they are the only ones on the property.
- The unparalleled service, sincerity and exceptional attentiveness provided by the staff make for a wonderful experience. Be prepared to always be addressed by name and ushered to and from you next activity in a helpful yet discreet manner.
- Whether you prefer trekking through the ancient Xunantunich Mayan ruins, tubing in large underground cave chambers, horseback riding or zip lining through the subtropical canopy, adventure lies just minutes away from Ka’ana and all arrangements can easily be made through the resort itself. After all, adventure is what the region is known for.
- For the days earmarked for relaxing and recharging, the resort is a perfect oasis with a cosy infinity pool, a spa offering unique treatments and outdoor yoga classes that allows guest to really connect with the beauty and essence of the surrounding environment.
What to Know
- Do not be fooled by the interior jungle location, this luxury boutique resort is easily accessible for visitors. Situated right off the major highway only a two hour drive from the capital, Belize City, or a swift 10-minute drive from the local San Ignacio airstrip serviced by Tropic Air, accessing this hideaway is a breeze.
- Ka’ana is also located just 5 miles from the Guatemalan border, which makes it perfectly situated for a day trip to the sought after Tikal Mayan ruins complex in the neighbouring country. The journey to and from this world-renowned site will take the majority of the day, but the ease of the trip makes it well worth it. Just don't forget your passport!
- Nights are rather quiet in the area, but Ka’ana has you covered. With a tantalizing menu, and an open-air bar complete with an outdoor fire pit and some nostalgic board games, you will be more than happy passing the nights comfortably here.
- All of the 17 hacienda-style suites and villas and suites are thoughtfully designed with high ceilings and ample room that provide for a very spacious feel and each sits integrated in the surrounding jungle landscape, creating a natural source of privacy.
- Rooms are uniquely decorated with a smart fusion of modern luxury and traditional charm. The use of natural materials reflects the surrounding environment and the locally sourced and produced textiles and amenities like organic soaps and hair products add some serious authenticity.
- All accommodations include private outdoor space overlooking the colourful and well-manicured tropical gardens.
- The two private villas on the property are perfect for a family retreat or an extra special romantic getaway. Each villa is equipped with a private pool and dining capabilities and are located in an isolated area of the property for extra exclusivity.
- Unwind with a pre-dinner cocktail at The Wallace bar. Ask the bartender for the owner’s signature cocktail, Down the Hatch.
- Before you settle in for dinner, let Wolfgang, Ka’ana’s General Manager, take you into the resort’s exquisite wine cellar. The carefully curated collection boats a world-class wine selection of over 1,000 bottles focused on New World small producers.
- The resort’s La Ceiba restaurant serves an extensive array of gourmet Belizean cuisine with an international twist. Try the Griga Sere, a traditional dish of shrimp and fish cooked in coconut milk over rice. Or better yet, try the entire menu, your taste buds will thank you later. From the local fare to the artisanal cocktail creations, Ka’ana’s focus on providing a satiating culinary experience starts from the ground up as most ingredients are sourced from their very own on-site organic garden and farm.